Table of Contents
A collection of simple programs.
About Simple Tools
Installation of Operating Systems
- e3 ultra lightweight editor without dependencies, written in assembly.
- mg Small, fast, and portable Emacs-like editor.
- dte Small, easy to use editor with multi-tabbed interface, syntax highlighting
- nano editor with on-screen key bindings help and syntax highlighting
- joe editor with Wordstar keybindings
- mcedit easy to use editor that comes with Midnight Commander
- vi The traditional vi
- nvi Reimplementation of vi with multibyte support
- vim Advanced, extensible vi editor with tons of (optional) features
- tilde An intuitive text editor for the terminal
- ne A simple to use editor
- mc Midnight Commander - a free N….. Commander Clone
- vifm a curses based Vim-like file manager
- nnn a lightweight terminal file manager
- fff a simple file manager written in bash
- ranger a console file manager written in python
- lf a terminal file manager written in Go
- joshuto a ranger-like terminal file manager written in Rust.
- mlterm a multilingual terminal emulator on X11. It has a low memory footprint and offers configuration by command line and a graphical tool.
- xterm The default terminal emulator on X11. Is has support for unicode and truetype fonts. Configuration via
.Xresourcesor popup menu. Memory footprint is moderate.
- urxvt highly extendable (with Perl) unicode enabled terminal emulator
- cwm a lightweight and efficient stacking window manager for X11
- fluxbox very lightweight window manager, easy to handle but yet full of features
- icewm lightweight window manager which resembles the UI of Windows 95
- openbox highly configurable stacking window manager
- windowmaker a window manager designed to emulate NeXTSTEP's GUI
- twm very simple window manager, included in the Xorg distribution
- fvwm3 Next generation of fvwm
- jwm window manager with an interface similar to Windows 98
start.txt · Last modified: 2023/04/23 16:19 by senioradmin